our little man
our little man
...becoming a family of four

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
1.10.2007

Spending time with baby

Life with Ben has been so much different than when Sophia was his age. I have not had nearly as much opportunity to spend quality time with Ben. At first, I was getting home so late that after putting Sophia to bed, Ben was in his sleepy stage and we would just sit on the couch and cuddle while Aimee took a few minutes to be kid free.

During the day when I am off from work, we spend quite a bit of time running errands, as car rides give Aimee and I the best chance to talk with each other and catch up without trying to balance a child. I also want to make sure I can spend enough time with Sophia while she is awake and in the mood to play.

Now, my work schedule has changed again and since I am getting up by 3 AM I barely have time to see Aimee and Ben after Sophia goes to bed before I need to go to sleep as well. It can be difficult to spend good time with Ben while Sophia is around, as I get nervous that she will fall on him or drop something on him.

Sophia has become more independent in her activities, however, and lately I have gotten the opportunity to play with Ben while he is awake and smiling. It is so wonderful to see him smile - it lights up his whole face! He really seems to enjoy spending time laying on his back on the floor and staring at all the activity around him. He really only gets tired of it when there isn't anything interesting to look at. I'm just glad that we have been getting more time to play together.

posted at 12:57 PM by Adam // 0 comments





Picture of the Week


click here to check out
ben's weekly albums




read all about my big sister here!

Stats

Benjamin Paul
November 14, 2006
12:42 pm
9 pounds, 15 ounces
23 inches

At 6 weeks:
12 pounds, 14 ounces
22 inches

At 2 months (11 weeks):
14 pounds, 7 ounces
25 inches

At 4 months (20 weeks):
16 pounds, 5 ounces
26.5 inches

At 6 months (29 weeks):
18 pounds, 1 ounce
27.5 inches

At 9 months (42 weeks):
17 pounds, 1 ounce
27.5 inches

At 10 months (44 weeks):
17 pounds, 1 ounce

At 11 months (48 weeks):
17 pounds, 11 ounces

At 12 months:
20 pounds
29.5 inches

At 15 months:
19 pounds, 14 ounces
30.5 inches

At 18 months:
23 pounds
31.5 inches

At 24 months:
27 pounds, 12 ounces
35.25 inches

At 36 months:
38 pounds
37.5 inches

Archives



home


Great Links

breastfeeding & parenting support

make homemade baby food

cloth diapering information















Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger
0